Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Blessed through Infertility

I never thought I would use the word Blessed and Infertility in the same sentence. However, I have had the privilege of getting to know women and their stories, both infertile and not, because of this journey. I can now accept, although not always with a happy heart, that God has given me this battle for a reason. I don't think I will know all the reasons quickly, I think I will only see glimpses of them throughout my life. I know that issues involving infertility will always be close to my heart, even after I conceive a baby (because it will happen). I also know Hope's death was for a reason too, because God has a plan and a purpose!

I have so many people to thank for the fundraiser last Friday! First of all, Carrie for opening her house up, Christina for providing such wonderful food and the consultants with Miche (Erin Veasey), Just Jewelry(Gina Karnes) and Jamberry Nails(Melissa Wilder). These consultants gave their time and portions of their own commission for Preserving Hope; If anybody would ever like to host their own party, I highly recommend these women. Most of all I want to say thank you so very much for the women who came and supported me. I'm not just talking about coming and buying something but those who gave me such kind words and hope and prayer. Women I didn't even know came to support this cause, WOW! Thank you just doesn't seem like an adequate word.

Well, Chris and I have been going back and forth to Cincinnati lately, I've been taking many shots of hormones along with other medicine. Chris has been amazing through all of this. As a friend and colleague of mine, who is a doctor, said, "I've given plenty of shots but giving your wife a shot is totally different". Chris has really struggled with having to give these shots and watch my body go through the havoc of all the hormones but he has done anything I have asked because in the end our goal and dream is the same, a baby.

I don't think many people realize how much infertility affects the husband. Though we do not have any male factor infertility issues, this journey has been just as difficult for my husband. He has often placed his own feelings aside to be strong for me, something he has never been asked to do, but does so willingly and unselfishly. Watching your wife make numerous drives and driving with her as well as trying to figure out how to come up with the money and administering medication, watching her cry and grieve while also losing a child in the process is no easy task.

If you know anybody in your life that is going through infertility I encourage you to take the time to also pray for and check in with the husband, who often goes unlooked. I guarantee he is hurting as well and could use any positive support offered. I just want to say thank you so much Chris, you have been everything I have needed during this process and I could not ask for a more Godly husband and best friend.

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails" Proverbs 19:21

Have a blessed week and thank you thank you to all those that have supported Chris and I in some way along our journey.

1 comment:

  1. I am blessed to know you and I pray for you tons! I will remember to pray for Chris also!

    ReplyDelete