Friday, March 23, 2012

Can I Borrow Your Faith For A While?

Well, Monday's procedure went great, Chris and I were even able to have a nice breakfast together in Cincinnati.  We were there for about 2 hours.  The procedure was only slightly uncomfortable but two hours after leaving, I was hit with the worst cramps that lasted through the day.  I feel good now and right now we just wait.

A friend told me recently that my faith was contagious.  That is probably the nicest compliment I've ever gotten.  I feel I have manged to have a lot of faith and hope through this experience, however, if I'm being completely honest, right now is not one of those times.  I trust God, I really do, but since having the IUI on Monday, I am stuck somewhere in between believing this is really going to happen AND it's going to happen after just this one try and between protecting myself and not getting my hopes up at all because the thought of seeing one more "not pregnant" sign on a stick makes me want to crawl out of my skin!!! 

 I feel like I should be happy and anticipating something great since Monday but I have felt worse since Monday...weird, huh?  I'm ok with being sad and I know this is only a season in my life, this too shall pass, right?!?!  However, what I can do is ask for mega prayers, I am hoping that each one of you will read this and will pass it on to one or more other  person to simply pray that God will plant a miracle inside of me after this first try of IUI and we will finally see or hear the words "you are pregnant".  I hope that is not asking to much, I believe so much in the power of prayer so I am begging that I can get as many of you and your friends and family to pray.  Also, if you have a scripture verse that has really helped you in troubling times or you think would help me please write it down in the comment section on this blog or on my facebook.  Your support means so much to Chris and I and the littlest words have helped.

I am so grateful to all the people who have stood by Chris and I and supported us through love and kindness.  Please know we have not forgotten about all the blessings God has given us. I have several copies of  "How To Love Someone Who Is Infertile", if you would like to purchase one for $10, please let me know and I will get it right to you.  Shari DeGraff Stewart has kindly donated these books to me to sell so my friends and family can learn. This book is a masterpiece...I have one friend that I know has read it and it has made all the difference in the world in her ability to understand me. 

Thanks and Blessings to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Amy, I am praying for you and Chris. I will continue you to be here with you as you go through this time...only a season! Hugs, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish and pray that sign shows up "positive" for you. Its in these times remember that God is carrying you(footprints in the sand). Keep your faith strong and trust Him. We love you and are praying for you and Chris.

    ReplyDelete