Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Whats this blog all about anyway?

Hello,
My name is Amy and I have been struggling with infertility for a while.  Many of you personally know this pain or your heart has become heavy for a friend, family member, co-worker, etc in regards to infertility.  This site is simply my journey, what has helped me, what hasn't and my relationship with God through out this experience.
This site will not have medical advice but will sponsor advocating for yourself, suggestions from self and others, literature, feelings and help for family members and friends.  The main focus on this blog is going to be surrounding HOPE! As a person who is infertile and has a relationship with God I get tired of hearing nothing but negativity; words like "can't", "won't" and "you'll never."  Matthew 19:26 (NIV) contradicts those absolute words with these words "with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible".  Some days are just bad and its very hard to believe this. This site will share the pain, the questions, the lack of faith, the constant questioning, feelings of being misunderstood, etc.
This is truly a work of the heart. Romans 8:26-28 (MSG) "meanwhile the moment we get tired in waiting, God's spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans.  He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our significant condition and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good." I love this verse and I fully believe it.  I will be adding additional scripture on this blog that I or others have found encouraging, hopeful and filled with truth during their infertility journey.
I will also be hosting some fundraisers and selling various crafts to help with the high costs of infertility treatment for my husband and I.  Many people do not realize that most insurance companies do not pay for infertility treatment; my husband and I fall into that majority and the costs of fertility treatment are expensive.  So you can look forward to seeing some items and fundraising opportunities soon. I also welcome any feedback on fundraising ideas as well.  I hope you will enjoy this blog and pass it to others that you think would benefit. Also, I would love to hear your responses to each post, something you say may give a pearl of hope to another person.  Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Amy, I love your blog!! So many women need hope through these hardships, and not discouragement. Thanks for starting this blog!! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Carol, I look forward to sharing my thoughts with this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, this is a first for me. I've never blogged or followed a blog. The closest I've come is when I watched "Julie & Julia." No, I'm not comparing "fertility" with "learning how to cook." However, that experience was life changing for Julie and that's my hope for you. I must say...you are articulate and share your experiences well. Your passion and pain are evident. I'm not sure how to follow your blog but I'll figure it out. I look forward to being a part of your experience. PS...I'm one of the lucky ones that got to be a part of your Mom and Greg's special day, 12/31/10. Honestly, my husband and I were there by default...but I'm SOOOOO glad we were. My life has only been enhanced since calling your Mom "my friend." Wishing you the best! Tina

    ReplyDelete