Friday, January 20, 2012

First Comes Love,Then Comes Marriage, Then Comes....Infertility?

   As we all know, the title of this post is not how the song originally goes, but for some of us this is our song.  God gave me a new song, one that I wasn't expecting or hoping for but one I've learned to claim none the less. It's really hard being transparent at times when it comes to suffering, but God's word tells us to share our pain and suffering with him and to sing the song he gave us.

  • "The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God and I will praise him and exalt him." Exodus 15:2
  • "He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God..." Psalm 40:3
  • "Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord and all the Earth." Psalm 96:1
  • "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, who he has given us." Romans 5:3-5
  • "But those who suffer he delivers in their suffering; he speaks to them in their affliction." Job 36:15
   The fourth verse listed, Romans 3:5 is a verse on my heart. He tells me to rejoice in my suffering...WHAT? Who on earth wants to do that, but it is true. I could be going through this time in my life mad and angry and stressed and without faith (and I'm not saying those times haven't all hit), but now I have chosen to figure out what I can get out of this season in my life. I've decided to rejoice as much as I can in this time of suffering because the end result is HOPE! Hope, a beautiful word that gives me endurance every time I say it. The verse says "...hope does not disappoint us...", how true is that!? That is why it was so important for me to include the word hope in the name of this blog, it encourages me every time I see the word. The definition of Hope according to Merriam-Webster Dictionary, "to cherish a desire with anticipation" or "to expect with confidence". That is what God gives me, a desire I can expect with confidence. God knows the desire of Chris and I's heart right now, a precious blessing called a baby and we fully expect him to deliver our desire!
Thank you again all who are praying, Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment