Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Accepting Help While Experiencing Infertility

My husband and many of you reading that know me would agree, I like to be strong and independent, meaning I don't always ask for help.  I believe this is a problem many woman experience and going through infertility is not the time to be independent! When people ask to offer prayers or a dinner or a fun day out or even their time (which is most precious) I have learned to start saying yes! It's still hard, starting this blog and even mentioning fundraising here requires a lot of humility. I really feel the need to be humble in many areas of life, look at what scripture says about humbling ourselves.

The first scripture is so beautiful to me and is my favorite about humility:
  • "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love." Ephesians 4:2
  • "He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way." Psalm 25:9
  • "You save the humble but bring low those whose eyes are haughty." Psalm 18:27
  • "He mocks proud mockers but shows favor to the humble and oppressed." Proverbs 3:34
I know for me I tend to go up and down with my feelings about infertility.  Currently I am in a peaceful place and my Hope and Faith are strong in God. However, that can switch and sometimes it makes no sense to anybody, why myself and other women with infertility, go from feeling "good" to feeling "bad".  I find it helpful to have friends and support that will check in on me and gently push for more of an answer then "I'm good".
You never know how much just stopping to share a brief moment with a person will help or inspire or motivate them. Ultimately though the main person I need to go to FIRST is God.  I was talking wth a friend today about how we seek answers from other people first and if we only saught him first and listened we may have our answer or peace or whatever it is we are searching for. "But seek first the kingdom of heaven and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you." Matthew 6:33

I have included a website showing an article that I found very interesting and truthful about another couple fundraising for infertility treatment. It is a good read just to educate yourself on the lack of resources for this area of care.Just click below!

No comments:

Post a Comment